WFP

Help those suffering in the Horn of Africa

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A new yoga experience looms ahead.

Ardhamatsyendrasana or Half  "Lord of the Fish" pose


I just want to share with you all that next Thursday I'm hosting my first group yoga lesson on request of many of my colleagues at school, all the money gathered in december will be given to an orphanage so they can organize a Christmas party. I'm very excited but also nervous. I think teaching yoga involves much more than just guiding people through awesome postures, you are dealing with the emerging emotions and with the fears of many (not only my own). Many students (like everyone of us) come into class with physical crutches which might make them vulnerable to many practices, and one must always welcome them without hurting them more.Donna Farhi says that teaching yoga is like receiving a heart in your hands, and I believe that is one huge responsibility, which I must admit is a bit terrifying. 

I have been doing some thinking while I prepare the lesson at home and came to the conclusion that I am often afraid, insecure, and needy, and that yoga has been a nice tool in my life to trust a link with someone (God for me) greater than myself and just doing that makes those monsters smaller and manageable. It is my deep desire to be able to communicate my own experience through my yoga practice. 

I don't know how many people actually stop to read my blog or if any of my friends really has the time to go through it. Is is enough if there is at least one reader who appreciates my words, although it's nice to know friends do visit from time to time :P

I would love it if those of you unable to come could be here, but your good wishes are as good as if you were there!

I will post the good news next week :)

1 comment:

  1. I do read your blog! I am sure your Yoga lessons will be AWESOME!!!
    Don't worry about your fears, they are normal... everyone has them when they are going to do something that they haven't done before, just believe in yourself and in all the knowledge you have! ;)

    ReplyDelete